Tuesday 9 September 2014

DerpCon Winner - Ireland

On the 5th September 2014, Ireland chose it's winner for DerpCon and it was lucky 16 year old Martha (@Keepingitlit1D) The contest was held by Dublin radio Spin1038 and the competition was 'if you could be a superhero,what would it be?' Martha told me, "I tweeted in loads, my superhero idea was one who eats loads but never gains any weight!" (which sounds like a great superhero!!)

That night she got the call from the radio station saying she was shortlisted. On Friday the 5th September Martha and the other 3 finalists had to go to the radio station. Martha recalls "I felt horribly sick but excited at the same time!" She got to meet with the other girls and says they got on so well within the space of an hour! 

When the time came to pick who won each girl was given an envelope with the name of a song written on the inside. Martha was given the song Amnesia and the winning song was Amnesia!!

She said her first reaction to was hug the other girls, "things like this don't happen to me and the fact I get to meet the four people who make me happy is just unbelievable, I'm so grateful!"

Congratulations to Martha, a truly deserving fan who I know will really appreciate the experience of going to Derpcon! :D


Picture credit to Spin1038 FM (@spin1038 )



No comments:

Post a Comment