Sunday 18 January 2015

DerpCon Winner - Mexico

Hey guys! How are you all doing? :)

Today I bring you the Mexico DerpCon winner and the lucky girl is 17 year old Paulina ( @PaulinaPR97 ) She was kind enough to talk with me and explain all about her win :)

Mexico's competition for DerpCon was ran by Telehit, the music channel and what you had to do was make a 30 second creative video showing a super power and upload it to YouTube.

This is Paulina's winning video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gzWYDB-2hs&index=1&list=UUhSGkxmDF5INM3B8V0QaiOQ

I asked Paulina to describe everything that happened from how she found out about winning and the lead up to it, "I saw a tweet saying they were announcing the winner on the Friday, so on the Friday I got out of school as fast as I could so I could get home on time for the announcement. I was watching the TV when they said they were announcing the winner in a few minutes when I received a call and they told me 'you're gonna be on the air in a few minutes.'

Paulina then describes how she reacted, "I looked at my cousin and mom and started jumping. They then showed my video on the TV saying that I was the winner of DerpCon and  burst into tears. They started asking me questions and I was so overwhelmed I just said whatever came to my mind!"

On how she is feeling now, Paulina tells me, "I feel overwhelmed and super excited because this is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I get to spend it with my best friend and mom, what else could I ask for?"

When asked what she is most looking forward to about DerpCon, Paulina responds, "I'm really excited for everything that involves DerpCon! Meeting them and taking pictures, the show, traveling with my best friend and getting to know fans from all around the world and making new friends!"

Paulina saw 5SOS perform at the One Direction concert in Arizona but has never met them so this is going to be an amazing experience for her!

DerpCon is in 3 days everyone, be prepared! :D

Until the next time, love;

@5SOSFamDerpCon

No comments:

Post a Comment