Monday 12 January 2015

5SOS Recent Drama - My Rant


Hi everyone!

I didn't want to start 2015 with a negative post but due to recent events over the past weekend on Twitter and Instagram etc within the 5SOS fam I thought it would be appropriate to give you all my opinion and hopefully maybe you will see things from a different perspective.

Firstly, if you have no clue what has been going on in 5SOS land recently, the boys have been in Australia having a well deserved break but then this weekend Calum and Luke decided to go out with a few friends to some parties and the inevitable happened - they got piss drunk and some pictures emerged around social media of Calum with some girls. After seeing this, some of the fans overreacted and took things way overboard and now well Twitter is a mess. (mine is anyway!) 

Now, if you are mature enough then you will look at the above scenario and think "What is the problem?" and I totally agree with you. The members of 5SOS age ranges from 18-20. If they were not 'famous' and still lived in Australia, then more than likely going out and drinking would be a normal weekly occurrence for them. Where I live boys and girls (including myself) who are this age group go out with friends 3/7 days in a week to drink and party but just because 5SOS have been labelled as idols and celebrities it is a much bigger deal for them to be doing this which I find really bizarre because they hardly ever get to go home and see their friends and so when they do I think we should leave them be to do the normal things which they are missing out on when they are away from home. In the end, we should really be staying out of their personal lives and let them do what they wanna do, it is their life after all, we don't have control over them. It's not like what they are doing is illegal.

Since we have cleared up that them drinking is ok lets move on to the bigger problem - the girls. I personally do not have a problem if any of the boys have girlfriends, one night stands, groupies or even just friends that are girls. Again, it is their life not any of ours. (unless you are the girl, then yay for you!) I don't feel it necessary to freak the shit out whenever I see a picture of any of the boys with a girl, again it would just be like me posting a picture with a boy - totally normal in society but because of 'who they are' people take things way out of proportion. 

When I see fans posting hate directed towards these girls and specifically over the past weekend it actually makes me embarrassed for their lives. The people sending hate to those girls need to actually grow up and move on because in all honesty what are the chances that you posting the hate will change anything? Truth be told, the chance is ZERO. You, again, have no control over who the boys hang out with, who they are friends with or who they have relationships with. It is none of your business.

If any of the boys were to see that you were posting hate to their friends more than likely you will get blocked by them or even called out by them and really if that happens then people will just start to hate on you which I am sure you do not want. However, I have saw that over the weekend when some of the boys' girl - friends got some hate sent to them (which should never have happened in the first place) the girls got really over-defensive and to me, they could have handled it way better. Here is a snapshot of how one of the girls responded to a comment on her instagram - 




After reading this, you will see that clearly this would upset a lot of the fam/fans because basically it is saying that we have no lives and are pathetic people for supporting 5SOS. I found this extremely rude and really disrespectful. This girl, although I don't know her personally or know if she is a close friend of the boys, was trying to stick up for herself but that didn't go down too well because she upset a lot more people than those who were upset about the picture. She talks about people bullying her friend when in actual fact I find that she is now bullying us by using such verbal comments. I would like to hope that if Luke or Calum were to see this they would speak to the girl privately or something and tell her that that is no way to talk to people because in the end fans are people too with feelings believe it or not and seeing something like this could in actual fact tip some people over the edge. Also if this was for more attention from one of the boys or to get 'popular' or something ridiculous then I just have to laugh at her effort because honestly  no one will want to be friends with someone who says such vile comments to people.

I just want to finish with the fact that if unnecessary drama like this continues it will only pull the fam and the boys further apart. This is a whole other topic but the boys are more distant from their fans recently and it will only get worse if this sort of behaviour from us continues.


I want to finish on a positive note, so just keep supporting the boys and their music and please try to not get into this drama and leave the boys to live their own lives outside of the music when they get the chance to do so.


Hope you have a wonderful year and continue to support 5SOS through thick and thin.


love you guys, @5SOSFamDerpCon


Follow me on twitter and tell me your comments and thoughts on the whole thing and lets have a conversation :)


*Just to disclaim that these opinions are my own which I am entitled to, don't come hating on me if you do not agree although I am open to constructive counter arguments.*

No comments:

Post a Comment