Tuesday 20 January 2015

Underrated 5SOS Songs







Hey guys!

It is pretty clear that 5SOS have a LOT of songs in their repertoire and it would be impossible for them to perform them all in one concert (although I would definitely pay my life savings to go to that concert!)  and therefore that means that there are a lot of songs that just get left under the rug and we never get to hear them live, or in some cases we hear them live and they bring out new songs (which don't get me wrong is great) but they leave other beloved songs to die, and no one wants that to happen!


With this thought in mind I took to Twitter and asked you what you thought were some underrated 5SOS songs so that I could now reincarnate them back into your life or something along those lines!


1. The first song in my opinion that is totally underrated and I NEED them to perform at ROWYSO is If You Don't Know. I literally think I tweet about how much I love this song at least once a week and it is definitely one of my favourites. This song was on the Don't Stop EP, which just in general was an amazing EP. 5SOS have never performed this song live and in my opinion is has just sort of been forgotten about and many people don't even know it exists! 


Let me break it down as to why it is one of my favourites. Firstly Calum's solo, no more needs to be said on that apart from HOW? The lyrics are perfection and the song just gets me all emotional. If they did sing this on tour although it would be amazing I would most likely be an emotional wreck because this song means so much to me! All in all I just really like the song, as does a lot of people so 5SOS if you see this SING IT ON TOUR PLEASE!!


"If You Don't Know" - this was the best version I could find, although it has been slowed down. :(


2. Secondly, a lot of people said that Over and Over was one of their favourite 5SOS songs. 5SOS used to perform this song when they were on tour with 1D and a lot at acoustic shows etc and I was lucky to get to see them perform this when they were just little fetus' back in 2013 however now they don't perform it and honestly I don't know why not because it is such a beautiful song that a lot of people love. It was also one of the first songs of theirs I heard so it does have a special place in my heart (ew cheesy)


"Over and Over" - watch them perform the acoustically back in 2013, bless them and their fetus ways!


3. Wherever You Are. If you don't know this song, seriously you need to listen to it. I honestly didn't think I could love them much more but when they realised this song I literally grew a bigger heart just to hold my love for them and this song. The video for the song especially makes me cry because it shows their journey as a band with the fam and it is such a beautifully (is that a word?) written song and once again Calum's solo is just heart melting. Also in the description they put

"We made this video just for YOU for a song we wrote called 'Wherever You Are'. the video looks back on some of the memories we've shared with the 5SOS fam since it all started in 2011 :) x"

And if that doesn't make you love them anymore than you already do then I don't know what will because they are just perfect and I could go on forever about how much I love them so I'll stop there! But I need to see them sing this live at least once in my life and then I can die happily.

"Wherever You Are" - Listen to it, change your life. 


There are honestly way too many underrated 5SOS songs for me to talk about and every answer on Twitter was a different song so I will leave links to some of the suggestions below and check them out if you haven't heard them before because I think every 5SOS song is amazing (not being biased at all) 


"All I Need"

"Gotta Get Out"
"Everything I Want"
"The Only Reason"
"Social Casualty"
"Close As Strangers"
"Mrs All American"
"Unpredictable"
"Rejects"
The old version of "Beside You"

*Disclaimer, I do not own any of the rights to the above video links or pictures, no copyright intended. All opinions are my own.*


Sorry some the links are live and have screaming but hey welcome to the struggle of a 5SOS fan from 2012/3! And for the fact some of the audio is sped up/slowed down, there wasn't anything I could do¬ :( Also, can we just laugh at their fashion sense back in the days of 2012...sorry but I had to.


Hopefully you've found some new 5SOS songs you love or some that you had forgotten about and now I have you addicted again, I apologize! (not really!)


Until next time!


@5SOSFamDerpCon (come socialize with me!)


PS, leave me comments with what you want to see next on by blog! I can't wait for the tour to start because I have so many post ideas!!


PPS. Can we talk about how Ashton shaved his beard? What an actual tragedy! Tweet me and share my pain with this loss. 

3 comments:

  1. YOU ACTUALLY DID UNDERRATED SONGS. :D You introduced "If You Don't Know" to me by tweeting about it, and I absolutely love that song. I also really like "Daylight." The bass in the bridge, the metaphors, the lyrics, and yup yup.

    I'm excited for tour too. Do you know when it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so nice to hear! And yeah I love Daylight as well :)

      Tour starts May 4th I believe :)

      Delete
  2. IKR LIKE SERIOUSLY THEY REALLY NEED TO PLAY IF YOU DON'T KNOW LIKE OMG PLEASEEEE

    ReplyDelete