Sunday 19 October 2014

DerpCon Winner - France (@Fan2fr)


Hi everyone, hope you are all doing great! :)

Another DerpCon winner was announced and it was for the Fan2 France competition, so congratulations to Moniek ( @Supermoniek ) who is 15 years old :)

This competition (in my opinion!) has been the longest and most complex of them all as there were 3 stages in which you had to go through in order to win! The first stage was to send in a picture of yourself as a superhero, out of which 100 people were chosen to go through to the second stage. 


Moniek's superhero for the 1st stage

In the second stage you had to make a parody of the chorus of the lyrics from She Looks So Perfect and from this 50 people of the 100 were selected for the 3rd and final round which was to create a video of why you should go to DerpCon and why you are their number 1 fan. Out of the 50 finalists, 5 videos were chosen and then 5SOS chose the winner themselves.

Here is the link to Moniek's video for stage 3, it's really awesome! -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjsfGkBEkI&feature=youtu.be 

When Moniek got DMed by Fan2fr she told me; "I didn't expect it at all, I thought someone else would win!"

She goes on; "I felt like crying and shaking. The first thing I did was called my best friend and then my mom and then my dad!

On when she was contacted to say she had won, Moniek said; "I was outside of school and I turned on my mobile data and saw the DM, I still can't believe it. I still think something will happen and I won't be able to go." Hopefully that doesn't happen!!

Moniek has never met or saw the boys before but is going to their 2015 tour :)

Congratulations to Moniek, who will have an amazing time at DerpCon!

Until the next time, love @5sosfamderpcon

1 comment:

  1. You don't know how hard it was in France to win this competition i don't think it's fair compered to other countries but i'm happy for her :)

    ReplyDelete