Wednesday 5 November 2014

DerpCon Winner - Philippines (#1)

HELLO! Literally DerpCon is in 7 days and if that doesn't excite you then maybe reading about the Philippines DerpCon winner might!! :D

There are two winners from the Philippines and I was lucky to chat with one of them and that lucky girl was 17 year old Barbara ( @BarbaraJance ) (she also added that she will be 18 on the 28th of November, 1 week and a day after Michael's 19th birthday! :D ) 

Barbara explained to me what she and her friend had to do to enter DerpCon, "We had to either make an instagram video or photo inspired by the SLSP lyric 'Your lipstick stain is a work of art.' but add a Filipino twist to it! Along with it we had to add a description as to why we (best friend and I ) deserved to win."

I asked Barbara to tell me how she reacted when she found out that she had won, "The company sent me a text, just before hand I had sent a tweet saying how even being in the top 10 finalists was so surreal for me, so when I got that text time sorta slowed down and it took me a while before I started to scream because I was in so much shock!"

She continues, "In that moment I dashed down the stairs (almost falling over!) ran out of my house barefoot to my friends house (she lives about 20 seconds away) and I screamed her name and rang her doorbell like 10 billion times and then finally told her and for like the next hour we just screamed!"

"How I feel right now is indescribable! Just typing, my hands are shaking! I'm so grateful this happened."

I asked Barbara what she and her friend were most looking forward to about DerpCon and she said, "We can't wait to hear the album live! We've heard the songs forever and to finally hear it live with the boys playing their instruments is just out of this world!"

You can check out Barbara's winning entry on her instagram, here is a screenshot from it - 



Barbara has never met or saw 5SOS perform before so this experience will be extra special for her! :D

Congratulations to Barbara and her friend Alexis who she is taking with her :)

Until next time,

@5SOSFamDerpCon

Ps. I can't believe DerpCon is NEXT WEEK! And that these blog posts will be ending soon! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment