Monday 3 November 2014

DerpCon Winner - Holland (MTV)

Hi everyone, hope you are all well?

Sorry I was inactive over the weekend but it was Halloween and there was so many things that I went to that I didn't get time to update but anyway hope everyone had a great weekend! :D

MTV Holland held a DerpCon competition and the lucky winner was 20 year old Demi ( @dxmistyles ) and she was happy enough to share with us all her story :)

For this competition, entrants had to Photoshop themselves into a picture from 5SOS Instagram or Facebook, this is the winning picture that Demi submitted;



When I asked Demi to explain what happened when she won, she tells me; "I was at home putting together my new closet with my parents. I got a FB message saying MTV wanted my phone number. 5 minutes later they called me and told me that I had won, I was shaking so much, I couldn't believe it! The woman on the phone told me to listen and then freak out after, when she hung up I started crying."

After the shock of being told she had won, Demi tells me how she feels now after it has sunk in; "It's still really hard to believe that I have won! I keep thinking they are messing with me but then I see the emails and flight info and it's so unreal but it makes me so happy."

Demi has been lucky enough to see 5SOS perform 6 times during the WWA tour. She also got to meet them once before at an airport in Holland however she says her pictures didn't turn out good due to mobbing.

Demi also told me the thing that makes her happy about winning is that she gets to take her friend with her as her plus 1. She told me; "I called her and she had no idea. I asked her if she had anything planned for November 15/16 and she was so confused! Then I told her about winning DerpCon and if she wanted to join me. It makes me so happy to see how happy she is about it as well.  I am just so happy and excited and I can't even express in words how much this means to us!"

Congratulations to Demi and her friend who join all the other lovely DerpCon winners. 

Only less than 2 weeks to go everyone until DerpCon and we still have some winners to be announced!! 

Until next time,

@5SOSFamDerpCon

PS. Recently again, hate towards DerpCon winners is becoming an issue and I just want to say that this is not acceptable in any way and is in fact a form of cyber bulling. Please don't participate in any of the hate or listen to any of the comments that people may tweet. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment