Thursday 6 November 2014

DerpCon Winner - USA (MTV)

Hi everyone!

Bringing you all another DerpCon winner, this time the lucky winner is Maria ( @happxlyirwxn ) who is 19 years old. Maria won the MTV Vine competition and she told me all about her win;

She explains what the competition entailed, "We had to make a vine and in a creative way say why your best friend deserved to go to DerpCon."

If you guys are interested to see Maria's vine you can click here to watch it :D

Maria tells me all about that moment when she was told she as the winner, "It was funny actually, me and my friend (Nicole) that I entered the contest with were waiting outside in line for the Hoodie Allen concert and I got a notification saying MTV had followed me and they also had followed Nicole as well. We didn't want to get our hopes up right then as we wanted to enjoy the concert."

She continues on, "We were standing at the Merch line by now and Nicole suggested I check twitter quickly, so I did and saw that MTV had DMed me!"

Maria then went on to explain how she reacted in that moment; "I just started bawling and shaking and I showed her the message and she starting screaming and hitting me! The entire night we kept looking at each other in shock and we couldn't even concentrate on the concert!"

"Ever since, none of us have been able to sleep or eat properly! There isn't anything in the world that makes us happier than these boys and they're a huge reason as to why we became friends."

I asked Maria what she was most looking forward to about DerpCon, she responds; "Seeing our boys (duh!) meeting all the international fans and making new friends and seeing their show at the Forum. Going to the Forum has always been on my bucket list, so it is so surreal."

Maria and her friend have been lucky to have seen and met the boys before but this will be even more incredible for them both!


Congratulations to Maria and her friend Nicole who she is taking! :D


Until the next winner,

@5SOSFamDerpCon 

No comments:

Post a Comment