Thursday 6 November 2014

DerpCon Winner - Philippines (#2)

Welcome back to the blog everyone! Hope you are all doing well? :)

A couple of days ago I posted about the first Philippine DerpCon winner and luckily I was able to get in contact with the second one as well and she agreed to answer some of my questions for the blog!

The lucky 2nd Philippine winner is 13 year old Liz ( @lizsunga ) Like before, the entrants had to post a picture or video to Instagram around the song lyric from SLSP "Your lipstick stain is a work of art" Liz explained to me what she and her friend did for their entry;

"We went to a local park and had a small meet up/picnic/party with some street kids. We played games, had food and taught them SLSP. We made a video summarizing what we did and we labeled the kids' smiles as the art itself because nothing can beat the art of moments and smiles."

This entry was so unique in my opinion and truly deserves the recognition it got! :) 

Liz then told me all about how she found out that she had won and that she was going to DerpCon, "My mom was the first to find out. We were in a restaurant after school and she was like 'Sh!t' and I was like 'OMG what?' and then said 'You won!' I started crying right there, I cried for a solid half hour and rang all my friends and family."

"Right now I am in so much shock to even comprehend what is happening! I'm slightly stressed too as there is so much to get ready before going and so little time!"

I asked Liz what she was most looking forward to about DerpCon and she said, "I'm looking forward to having fun with the fam and meeting 5SOS! Not to mention the scenery of LA too!"

Liz has saw 5SOS perform before but having the experience of being one of the select few winners of DerpCon will be amazing!

Until the next time,

Keep derping! @5SOSFamDerpCon

No comments:

Post a Comment